What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, February 12, 2018

40 THINGS QUESTIONNAIRE

Debbie the Dog-Lady has started yet another getting to know you questionaire.  Well, she didn't start it:  I think I am actually a fourth generation participant.  But it looked fun so I thought I would play along.  Plus it gets me out of really having to work on the blog tonight!

1.  Do you like blue cheese?  Good God, no!  As hard as it is for me to believe cheese can be disgusting, that stuff is disgusting.





2.  Have you ever smoked cigarettes?  I have a friend who used to get me to smoke a half of one every now and again, but I never got much out of it and never picked it up on my own.

3.  Do you own a gun?  No, only because I know how useless it would be for someone who's just happy to hit most urinals to have one.  Of course, I don't quite live in the "Wild Wild West" of south Ft Wayne, and the need is not near so great.  Yet.


4.  What flavour Kool-Aid?  Well, since being diagnosed with too high of an A1C for my own good, I have tended to cut back on things which you have to mix 50/50 with sugar to make it worthwhile, so Kool-Aid is "Oh NOOooooooo..."

5.  Do you get nervous before a Dr.’s appointment?  Nah.  The worst than can happen is that "bend over and drop 'em" exam, and that's been done enough by now.


6.  What do you think of hot dogs?  I think most brands were getting to a point that they tasted more like compacted bologna.  With the other health stuff, I've been buying uncured to cut the sodium, and they are better than regular.  But you can't top Tony Packos!


7.  What is your favourite movie?  For my entertainment "dollar," I'll take John Wayne any day- dibs on Rio Bravo or The Sons Of Katie Elder!

8.  What do you prefer to drink in the morning?  Right now my go-to is MIO Energy Blueberry.  Affectionately known as "the blue stuff".

9.   Can you do a push-up?  Sure.  It's the sit-ups I struggle with.

10. What’s your favourite piece of jewellery?  Depending on whether you have an extreme definition of jewelry, I'd say I'm "n/a" on this one.

11.  Do you have a favourite hobby?  Again, you'd have to stretch the definition a bit, but I'd say right now blogging is about the length and breadth of it.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?  Are you boring?

13. Do you wear glasses?  Yes, and they lend me a distinguished-ness my personality sorely lacks.

14. Who was your childhood idol?  Daniel Boone, played by Fess Parker.



15. Name three thoughts you have right now.  Getting into arguments with people blinded by hate was always a waste of my time;  will I get to the end of this before I starve; and will I ever take my other shoe off?

16. Name three drinks you consume regularly.  Water, milk, and nowadays Pepsi zero sugar.

18. Current hates?  I am trying these days to turn hates in to "Into God's hands you go."

19: Favourite place to be?  A beach.  Not fussy where.  Not right now, though...

20. How did you bring in the New Year?  At home, wishing Dick Clark was still around.

21. Where would you like to go?  Pretty much anyplace Debbie's been!

22. Name three people who will do this.  I don't tend to get a huge response on these things, so I'll have to take an "n/a" on that one as well.

23. Do you own slippers?  Damn straight.

24. What colour is your shirt? Currently black with "Grumpy Old Man:  My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity" emblazoned on it.



25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets?  Ha!  You mistake me for Yul Brynner.



26. Can you whistle?  Maybe... but I don't wanna get accused of anything.

27. Where are you now? Command Central, Martin Estate, FT Wayne IN.

28. Would you be a pirate?  Not for very long, I'd wager.

29. Favourite candy?  Something chocolate, preferably dark.

30, Least favourite chore?  Dusting.  I think dust should be outlawed.

31. Favourite food?  On a go-to basis, burgers.  On a treat basis, Mignon or crab legs.

32. What’s in your pocket?  My hand, why?  JK.  Handkerchief, fidget spinner, change for vending machine.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?  Watching a co-worker knock over two small bins of little bitty screws today.

34. What’s your favourite animal?


35. What’s your worst injury?  Just prior to starting this blog, my right calf tried to turn itself into a blood-balloon for about three months.

36. How many TVs in your house?  One currently manning the living room post, one in Laurie's bedroom, and one cowering in shame under the living room table.

37. Worst pain?  Well, it WAS kidney stones, until I had a tooth that suddenly demanded it had to be pulled NOW.  That was pushing my BP over 200 for short periods.

38. Do you like to dance?  I wouldn't mind it, but my chosen partner is insanely self-conscious, so this is pretty much another "n/a".

39. Are your parents living?  Yes, but not on earth.

40. Do you enjoy camping?  I'm guessing no- unless we're talking RV.

And that's your TMI for today...

4 comments:

  1. How did you get this up so fast? I'm impressed! Took me hours...

    That balloon calf thing sounds horribly painful, along with the kidney stones and bad tooth. Ouch! Love your T-shirt! Do they make them for Grumpy Old Women, too? ☺ Cute dog photo. There's never enough of those, right?

    Thanks for playing along, Chris. That was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky the dude still had an iron on left for that one! I don't think the "grumpy" thing is as "cute" for women, one of those society "prejudices" that point out all the great differences between women and men. The balloon leg wasn't as bad as it was constant, Scrappy made sure to lay next to it to make it feel better, but boy, taking a fall on it was NO fun...

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    ---I love when this comes around, and yes, I do believe you've been doing this for a few years now.
    1) NO bleu cheese (ditto for GREEN cheese)
    2) Glad you never smoked (can't say the same for me).
    3) I live on the SE side...what do YOU think?
    4) NO Kool-Aid at all.
    5) Hell yes. I have a STRONG aversion to people wearing white (except ice cream guys).
    6) That was an easy one for you.
    7) You called my two fave Wayne westerns!
    (different faves for different genres)
    8) Coffee (and keep it coming until I say STOP)
    9) Just one? Sure thing.
    10) You don't consider that Avengers logo keyring JEWELRY? (a watch my parents got me for graduation. Still works (because there's NO battery in it).
    11) Got a LOT of hobbies (that's why I never went to jail)
    12) Not a lick!
    13) Hell yes (several strengths, too)
    14) Childhood? The Lone Ranger (sans Tonto)
    15) Two you don't want to know. The third is not trying to think of the first two.
    16) Dr. Pepper, Coffee, and raspberry iced tea.
    18) not going there (I don't like dumpster-diving)
    19) Haven't been there...yet
    20) Ditto on your call, Chris.
    21) Scotland gets 2 thumbs up
    22) Me, myself and I.
    23) Several pair, in fact.
    24) Usually basic black (until they come up with a darker color...lol)
    25) Satin sheets? ROFLMAO (I'm not fond of sliding OUT of bed when trying to get into bed)
    26) Sure can
    27) My "TARDIS control console" (computer room)
    28) Well, I'm no Errol Flynn.
    29) Ditto w/ Chris (and perhaps FILLED)
    30) Dusting IS a chore and SHOULD be banned!
    31) Pizza, king crab, scallops, roast beef, shrimp, (did I say pizza?).
    32) keys and lint.
    33) MICHAEL THE CAT!
    34) As much as I adore dogs, I gotta run with cats...20 years IS a long time.
    35) Never thought about "classifying" them.
    36) Not enough and we're working on that one.
    37) Mentally or physically? I can provide a detailed LIST of both.
    38) Used to very much, but now it's ALL slow-dancing.
    39) Ditto w/ Chris on that, too
    40) It's still a bugger to pitch a tent in the LIVING ROOM!
    ((whew))
    And there's my TMI for this go-round.
    (wasn't that only 39?)

    Great post.

    Stay safe (and nicely-divulged) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By golly, you are right! I missed...

      17. Current worries

      As I say, into God's hands they go!

      Delete