What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Today's rant has been cancelled; we will instead be airing...

Just kinda whupped today to go on about the way this society has eliminated our ability to enjoy clowns, or how our political choices ARE clowns, or how my company can turn a fifty-two inch long line on a piece of fabric into something that takes 7% of the actual time to cut the whole cover to draw, because instead of a line, it is 30 little +s that all have to draw twice.  No, I'm too tired to go into all that.  Why?  Because we had Laurie drop us off at Shoaff Park, to make our own way back home.  And so, I will show you views of that journey instead.


Here we are at the start of our trek around the Great Circle.

River's a bit up today.

The first part of our jaunt, there was plenty of shade and breeze to keep us refreshed.

The one goopy spot in our whole 3 5/8ths mile trek- and of course, we must wade into it.


The rarest of animal sightings- the American Golfer.

Hey, that was funny- got any peanuts?  Bobby G always does...

Once around the far pond...



Okay, Woody, hand me my five-iron...

Building something at the front entrance, likely a "welcome to" sign.  Your greens fees at work...

Mile and a half- break time!

Yahhhs, that's the ticket!

Okay, good enough.  Let's go!

Beautiful day.


The front pond was kinda like an avian Hee Haw.




Nuttin' to say outta him...

We saw two black squirrels.  This was the closest I came to getting one to pose.

And the big tree at the back entrance, rotten at the base, finally fell since last we passed this way.

Looks like the squirrels living in this tree overdid the insulation, lol



And here you have it, Farmer's Almanac is full of crap!  Blonde wooly worm = mild winter.

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris!

    I'm always eager to take a walk in the woods with you and Scrappy. No creepy clown sightings, I take it?

    It's October and I expected you guys to be plodding through deep snow by now, but it looked like a beautiful day and you weren't exactly bundled up. I enjoyed the pics you snapped along the way, especially the wildlife and that large fallen tree.

    I wanted to let you know that I plan to ride your Time Machine on Friday but, with hurricane Matthew threatening, I can't be sure that I will have electricity that day. It looks like we will be hit with tropical storm force winds at the very least and it could be much worse if the track keeps shifting west. I'll do my best to be here, but please understand if I am absent for a couple of days.

    Have a Scrappy day, good buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed hurricane reports during Katrina, and thus I have followed Dr Jeff Masters on this one too. The current forecast says Florida might get hit TWICE- I am worried and praying for all my friends down there. If you need to, get the hell outta there! Last thing I need is to find one of Granny's corsets in my trees!

      No clowns, no snow, and that tree made me sad. We have a few pics of Scrappy nearly inside the trunk. We knew it would happen- and happen soon- but still sad to have it actually occur.

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    Ahh, now this kinds fits right in with what I blogged about today (the 5th).
    --Lots of GREAT photos, too.
    --We have BLACK squirrels here? cool.
    I have yet to see one locally.
    (and yes, we ALWAYS have peanuts).
    --That one squirrel has got his mouth full, too.
    --Cool ducks and geese pics.
    --Tree insulation...hahahaha.
    You had a fantastic day for a nice walkabout.
    (Wednesday won't be bad either...may be a might windy, though).
    Glad you both had a really good time.

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way over to your post right after I answer these lovely comments!

      The black ones seem to pop up in certain areas in certain years. I remember a couple years back there were a few at Shoaff, then we got some here. About five years ago Laurie was hanging out with a friend in Waterloo, and they have a BUNCH of 'em.

      BTW, as we speak it is 78 degrees- little high for long walks- and RAINING.

      Delete
  3. I hope your Wooly worm is right. :)

    Your squirrel reminds me of Caddyshack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the ones that sit there and look at you like, "Make a move, dude." A lot of times they squirrel-cuss us out, but ol' boy there had his mouth full.

      Delete
  4. You know what, Chris, I'm grateful for the break you just provided. I truly needed it. Too much other stuff in the news today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok at first I thought but I like rants, but as I scrolled through I thought this is a good post anyway........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like 'em too, but I just didn't have the umph.

      Delete
  6. Is that American Golfer Al Penwasser? He looks pretty nutty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw some black squirrels in NYC. I was amazed how different they are in different parts of the country. They still make me smile for all sorts of reasons. Our spring is slow in coming, the weather lately has been atrocious. Hope your winter isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a pretty idyllic day.

    Sad about the clowns. It's time to bring the clowns out of the shadows and darkness and back to children's birthday parties. But I don't think it can ever be the same.

    The reign of the benign clown has ended. Good-bye Ronald McDonald.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete