What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sitting around the campfire (well, the monitor screen...)

Here we are, with me again tapping joyfully at the keys and Spotify playing on the psychedelically-flashing speakers (Boz Scaggs with Miss Sun right now).  Last night's WWI post was inspired in part by listening to Miss Sarajevo by the Passengers (U2, Brian Eno, and Luciano Pavarotti).  The sad look at the lack of a normal life in a war zone had me wondering just what kind of murdering bastards prefer a world held at gunpoint.  These thugs aren't there for Allah, or Ireland, or Palestinian freedom, or any of the other cover stories given over the millennia.  Boil them down, and all you get are mass murderers in search of "legitimacy".

Is there a time for keeping your distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day

Is there a time for kohl and lipstick
A time for curling hair
Is there a time for high street shopping
To find the right dress to wear 

Here she comes
Heads turn around
Here she comes
To take her crown 

Is there a time to run for cover
A time for kiss and tell
Is there a time for different colors
Different names you find it hard to spell 

Is there a time for first communion
A time for East Seventeen
Is there a time to turn to Mecca
Is there time to be a beauty queen

Here she comes
Beauty plays the clown
Here she comes
Surreal in her crown 


I listen to this song and it just rips at me, the senseless, thoughtless brutality that these monsters thrive on, sucking not only life but living from the innocents who are trapped in their path.  And as paradoxical as it might be, I'd love to drop the bomb on every one of them, erase them from history like the stains they are.  Whether that speaks better for me than for they, I cannot tell.

Helluva banner for a beauty contest- "Don't let them kill us".


Anyway, I've managed to move past today, with the help of a beauty contest winner named Nature.


Almost next-door neighbors in the Halloween spirit.

These neighbors undoubtedly did the best job...

...but I have to take points away because they've had them up since the second week of SEPTEMBER.

Big ol' bug, trying to get under a big ol' rock.


Picture doesn't do justice- orange on the road, yellow on the trees, and sunlight combined to make the living scene almost iridescent.


Lots of aqua green water in the creek... but don't worry, it's still a couple miles from Ft Wayne's water treatment facility...

And a new bloomer this late!
(The Vogues are singing Moments To Remember right now...)

Oh, and I have to tell you a Scrappy story or two.  Friday, I let Scrappy choose our path, and he did pretty good.  But he was pretty beat by the time we were at the fence row between us and the Plex when we heard...

"Meeeow..."

A little black cat, friendly as all get out, greeted us.  She liked petting and didn't mind Scrappy, as long as he stayed out of her face...



She even tried to follow us home, until Scrappy decided to try a face-sniff again, and got a right hook to the eye.  He had a mark for a few hours.    But was completely polite about it.

8 comments:

  1. I vote for neighbor number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the light side of this post, I like the Halloween decorations... even though I never put them up. Where I used to live (a decade ago), a TON of people decorated and we had gadzillions of trick or treaters. Now... I've seen two houses with decorations. I think we will get some trick or treaters, but nothing like the house I mentioned above.

    Mom and I were just talking about the brutality of war... all the soldiers who come home with PTSD... the care that they are NOT getting... the inability of our body to live in constant fight/flight and then turn it off after years... I don't understand why people choose war. Ever. Check that. I understand why powerful people send their subjects to fight their battles for them. But it is a raw deal for the subjects (in whatever time period or war that is being fought).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your serious point, so far as it goes... but the murderers I'm talking about are volunteers...

      Delete
  3. Chris:
    I'm with you...eradicate the bastards...every last one of them...turn their "nations" into lakes of GLASS...period (and be done with it).
    It may not be the best CHRISTIAN standpoint...just a PRACTICAL one for everyone else on the planet.
    Nice photos, too. Love that cat (don't bring it down here, however).

    As for the neighbors?
    Well, I;m not into Halloween (except for watching the Garfield special on DVD), so that's wash...Wifey likes it, but we don;t ahnd out candy any longer (we claim Obama took ours and redistributed it to others less fortunate).
    Plus, I have enough cobwebs I have to get rid of around the house...lol.

    Good post.

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen Miss Kitty since- I think she figured out which apartment was hers.

      Delete
  4. I dig the Halloween decorations!! I laughed though when I read that you took points away for them having them up since September. normally i'm that neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sigh... I guess as long as you aren't like Al and leave them up through Easter...

      Delete