What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Decompression and Scrappy's big day

I appreciate the comments suggesting that I need a physical release to get through my "whatever-it-is", and while I do think that a punching bag would be more effective than bashing cardboard cores over the dumpster, I'm not sure it's feasible.  My main means of letting it all out physically is walking.  So Saturday morning (after a good talk with my boss as I tried to help her figure out what she was doing wrong to make the cutter go, via phone), we went to lovely Bixler Lake in beautiful downtown Kendalville (Raine, I figured you guys had your holiday weekend mapped out, so we'll do it another time).  This would also be Scrappy's first time to a real lake.



First, we parked on one side of the lake and took the pleasant stroll around to the beach.  Our first event was a group of hoodlum geese who menaced us along the way.


This guy charged Scrappy- and he said, "yes, sir, right away, sir!"


 
 
 They had a lot of "decorative planter/bicycles" in the trees around the lake.


 
 
 A rare first-take butterfly snap.




And Scrappy at last meets the beach.




Mmmm mmm good...


My favorite shot.
 
 
 
 

 
Dude near us caught a fish in about a minute and a half.

 
Minnows made Scrappy jump- he's been nipped before.


 
 
The obligatory "Laurie coming out of the restroom" shot.
 
 


Putting my shoes back on... that water was COLD!
 



 
 
This butterfly I think had just got out of the chrysalis.  He flew all around us, and kept beating his wings even when he landed.
 

 
One last dip...



In case you can't see it, the sign says, "STAFF PARKING."  For the beach lifeguards.
 



Hot dog!
 

 
Scrappy was none-too-pleased at having to pass this thug again!
 
 
 

Rolling to cool off.
 
 
Afterwards it was Culvers for a bowl of ice cream (and burgers for me and Laurie).  I don't know if it helped me, but they sure enjoyed it!
 



5 comments:

  1. CW-

    As long as you have a way to get the stress out of your system, that's good.

    I just know first hand what holding onto it does to you...

    I don't feel so much like I spoil my cat knowing that you take your dog to Culver's for ice cream...

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I've got enough out for Tuesday...

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    Now THAT looked very refreshing, and hopefully, it helped you to no small end.
    Those white geese were cool, but that butterfly...if that ISN'T a MONARCH (kinda EARLY for them) then, it's definitely a VICEROY.
    Yeah, THAT water is the kind you WISH came out of the tap HERE...LOL.
    (wouldn't need ICE, would we?)
    Glad you managed a getaway...always helps.

    Stay safe up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the Monarch vs Viceroy chart I just looked at, winner is.... MONARCH!

      Delete
  3. We have 2 culvers around the metroplex. I love them! First had them in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete