What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Mud is thicker....

It's over 50 degrees this afternoon, so Scrappy and I thought it might be safe to take a bit of a walk.  So we marched our butts up to the trail that runs along the road and under the bridge.  AKA the new Shoaff Park trail, if you were here last fall.  I knew I was running the risk of coming home with a dirty dog.  I didn't know I was going to prove that Scrappy doesn't recognize "G-D it, get out of the mud" as one of his several acceptable names.


The view from the edge...

Fancy a game of basketball?  Uhhh... no.

Only place the river wasn't frozen was where water was dripping off the bridge.
At the far end of the under-bridge stretch, ice and snow greeted us.  A bit tricky, but passable.

Here's my "drowned rat"...



As you can see, he was looking like Opie Taylor with freckles.  And this was the halfway point.  In all fairness to him, the big one between his nose and right eye is actually chocolate from licking out a glass of chocolate milk yesterday afternoon.  But I wouldn't want to be TOO fair.  The only way I could keep him out of the very gooeiest stretch of mud was to shorten his leash to the hilt.  Even then, he made a b-line right for the slop on the way back.  And I mean a B-LINE. 


The fascination with goop between the toes had it's drawbacks- he spent the first 15 minutes home in the shower.  I found it somewhat amusing, last night I had a nightmare about the dumb butt trying to get drowned in a flooded basement- and he darn near drowned in the shower today!


BTW, for the two or three of you that actually care, the NHFFL link has the latest update on the hockey situation.  My teams are struggling in the playoffs, and need all the help they can get!

14 comments:

  1. Ahh... the joy of the spring thaw. :) We had a bit of it yesterday, only to wake up to another new inch of snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get 6 to 9 tonight and tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. When you talk about your fascination with goop, I assume you mean the Gwyneth Paltrow magazine venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have to ask Scrappy. His thing, not mine.

      Delete
  3. What!?! Spring? I was beginning to think that wasn't going to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh....spring is starting to shake off the shackles of winter. But, it's supposed to snow a little here Thursday. But, that's okay because my son and I are off to Tampa tomorrow morning for a few days. Like I said....ahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute!! Our little guy Jax is small enough at least that we can hold him while wiping his paws off before we put him down. Its been muddy and dirty around our complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was real cute trying to escape from the bathroom when I tried to start the shower.

      Delete
  6. Chris:
    Poor Scrappy...mud between the toes...even I don't like THAT...LOL.
    SO, I guess thatBOOTS for him are outta the question.
    Amd NOT taking him out isn't right, either.
    Let's try this one...
    I'd say sue (if a petition doesn't work) the city for a "doggie trail" - nice and paved with perhaps a small "shower-stop" at some point to bathe your dog's feet off before heading home.
    Now THERE is some good use of that LEGACY money!

    Stay safe (and mudless) up there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is all the "poor Scrappy" about? HE'S the idiot that wanted to be in the mud! A shower stop is a good idea, as there is plenty of pavement so as to avoid mud... if he wanted to.

      Delete