What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Could be a little quiet here...

This morning I learned that sometime last night during Sunday night football, a lens popped out of my glasses.  I can trace it back to a time in which I spent the entire time in a ten-square-foot area of our main room- but it is nowhere to be found.  I have to work and surf with my readers, which are okay for stuff right in front of my nose, but bar the door if I have to look more than four feet away- say, to the other end of the Gerber cutter I use at work.

Needless to say, I have new glasses already in the works, but..."  You'll see on the receipt they are supposed to come in on the 28th..."  AKA NEXT Monday.  AKA Chris will be coming home with headaches the next four days.

So depending, some things I might normally post about will have to wait... And Time Machine could be late.  And I probably won't be getting to that "Who my hockey teams' leading scorers are" post for a while.  I can tell you the former Aussie league leading scorer Michael Forney got his first couple of goals in Austria yesterday.  Buck up, I know you're disappointed, but we'll all be okay.  It's only seven days.

Grumble mutter grouse...

12 comments:

  1. Chris:
    If you check ANYWHERE...look between and under all the furniture cushions..
    For SOME odd reason, chairs and sofas LOVE to devour such things.

    :)

    Stay safe (at least you have a "Guide Beagle") up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, the couch has been checked in every possible way several times . In addition to all the likely places, my laundry hamper, the trash in the kitchen and bathroom, under the printer, under the dog cage, under every throw rug, my clothes drawers, under the refrigerator and stove, the living room closet, Laurie's room, the stairs, inside books, in chairs I never sat in all day, the pants I wasn't wearing at the time, kitchen cabinets,....

      Delete
  2. " You'll see on the receipt they are supposed to come in on the 28th..."
    Apparently not.
    Am I the only one to detect the irony here?
    I feel for you. I'd HATE to lose my glasses. On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to see myself naked.
    So........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, I was going to mention that tomorrow...(the part about the receipt, not you naked).

      Delete
  3. I have headaches fairly often, so I can definitely sympathize with that. Hopefully they won't be too bad and the 28th will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I can't work in front of a computer all day without my glasses otherwise a migraine sets in. With any luck, the 28th is worst case scenario and they will come in early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can also have empathy with your headaches. I get migraines at least once a week. I have one as I type. I hope your glasses arrive sooner rather than later. It's too bad you didn't get to see the Giants get their first win of the season with clarity last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my son is a Vikes fan, so for us it was better blurry...

      Delete
  6. That truly sucks. Hope you find the lens before Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt trained sniffer dogs could find the damned thing... if it does turn up, I'm torn between keeping it as backups or smashing it to oblivion. The remaining lens feels like a hostage...

      Delete