What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good news- but please, no hallelujah chorus yet

As of yesterday at 3:30 pm, I am again among the ranks of the gainfully employed (You know, the Mitt Romney way of removing oneself from the rolls of the unemployed, as opposed to the Obama method of "just stop looking").  Yeah, it's a Manpower Job, but it's a good one, and somewhat fun, and though my legs are protesting this next observation, somewhat easy.  Perhaps now some of my meals will kindly descend down and become leg muscle rather than catching a room at the Abdomen Resort Hotel.

Other than that, the only thing I'll bring up about it (for now) is that It really didn't take a lot of technology and common sense to make my last job appear a LOT more stone age than it did even when we were there.

I mean really, what would be easier- trying to run while sitting down, trying to push three tons of solid stone- or just WALKING?

How 'bout that ref's strike ending?  All it took was for me to make that one post about it, and it's all over!  (Of course, the replacements really, REALLY embarassing the league might have helped).  Now, I'd like an answer that all America is waiting for- were the guys that called Monday's game the crew that the Lingerie League fired for incompetancy?

"Never mind helping me with my equipment! WHAT'S THE FRICKIN' CALL????"

Oh, before I get too far away from the job thing, Monday I had to go interview on site.  On the way home I encountered a road-striping entourage- you know, an "arrow" truck on each end, and the striper in the middle.  Now, if I am painting stripes on a road, that would make me a stripe-painter, because I am painting stripes, right?

And this is the part I really wish I'd had my camera with me at the time... because after several seconds of debate, I had to admit that there was something wrong with the trailing "arrow" truck's flashing sign saying, "Paint Striper Ahead."  So you're putting stripes on paint, eh?  Interesting... but if you want to put stripes on paint, howsabout doing it at Shermin-Williams and getting out of the road?

In other news, Lokomotiv got goals from Niklas Hagman (#3) and Alexander Chernikov (#2) in the third period to rally the team to a 2-1 over Donbass.  The win puts us into a fourth place tie with CSKA in the conference, and 2 behind former NHLer Sandis Osolinsh's Atlant club in the division.  Next up is tomorrow morning with Severstal.

15 comments:

  1. CWM:
    Congrats on the new working gig...Told 'ya that God works in HIS time...not ours.
    I hope it does well by you.

    As to the "ref" thing?
    If they all didn't have UNIONS, this would never be a media frenzy...or even a story.

    I ALWAYS take a camera with me while in the car...(good for recording accidents, heaven forbid), but it's good for other things (like that Sorry Ass Salon signage...lol).

    Striping PAINT now?
    Well, that's am new one for our Majesty King Henry and his well-funded minions to use (read waste) money on, that we might not have, isn't it?

    Got one to go right alongside that, too...I might post it tomorrow, and let's say it involves a truck, a worker,and lots of "sawdust".

    Again, I'm glad to see that prayers are still answered.

    You stay safe up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robert, and thank you for the pimping about the upcoming Andy Williams special.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the working life :) They sure look happy pushing that mobile made of solid stone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! Physical jobs can sometimes be very rewarding, especially when it's like getting paid to work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, long time, no see! Yeah, looking forward to getting back in "work shape."

      Delete
  4. "Yeah, it's a Manpower Job"
    Oh, oh! Are you ever in trouble now!! Making such a politically incorrect remark, you sexist, you!!!

    Oh, I guess that is the name of the employment agency, eh. Well, someone needs to tell them to bring themselves into the modern era, especially with their language. They should update and change the company name to Personpower in order to be P.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee Hee, I don't think I'll be the one mentioning it to them, my friend. My intention is to stay below water level and keep ripple free.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, and it comes the day after we got the last remnants of our past job- our 401ks- rolled over, severing the last links. I have this odd tendancy of major life events closing and opening that way.

      Delete
  6. I find it a sad state of affairs that the general public cares more for the ref strike than any time the police r firemen strike. But no worries... the NFL will just funnel this new expense to the ticket holders....

    Congrats on the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the police and fire thing is, to me, one of those "only appreciate when you need" deals; but I'm willing to bet when it is thought up, the opinion on the striking side is a lot greater. You might debate on whether owners are cheap or players are greedy, but I bet everyone believes the PD and FD are underpaid.

      Delete
  7. When you said "manpower" I immediately thought of a male dance group that was extremely popular here...ok, they had great bodies and stripped.

    Mind out of the gutter Mynx....congrats anyway and if you are a touring stripper, I want tickets
    (I have been really slack this week and playing catch up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only tickets you'd want if I was stripping would be a one-way outta town! But thanks for the thought. And the congrats!

      Delete