What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Here's Your Sign

The last few days, I have found the news particularly depressing.  Here are some reasons why.

Apparently hoping the long weekend would take the bite out of it, the Administration released their latest "report card" on how the stimulus is working.  Boiling it down, by the government's own numbers, not only did we pay over a quarter million bucks for each job "created or saved"  (and I'll let you muse about how you consider a job "saved"), but, in the last three months, the total of "jobs created or saved" has DROPPED by 288,000!

In the meantime this same administration, which was quoted as saying that White House staff would not receive pay raises, gave 54% of staffers at LEAST 16% raises this year.  So, let's make this perfectly clear: if I work for president Obama, I get a pay raise; if not, I need to "sacrifice with the rest of America" and support the tax INCREASE he wants me to pay.  Every time I hear a Democratic legislator tell me that "the republicans need to be willing to give a little" I'd personally like to slap them.  They won't agree to cutting their bloated budget unless they can re-bloat it with a tax increase WE DO NOT NEED!!!  Tell me, "President" Obama, if you spread out all the raises you weren't going to give across all the people who you feel need to chip in and sacrifice, what percent raise would we all be getting?  Gee I bet it would be real close to the same amount you want to TAX us to PAY for it!

Just combine this with all the "I didn't have to ask Congress about Libya because it wasn't a big enough deal"s, the "just pass the bill, we'll find out what it says later"s, and my personal favorite, the Ted Kennedy Memorial "I don't care if I've never skipped a meal and it shows, YOU need to stop giving your kids Happy Meals"s- and my honest conclusion is that on the gatepost in front of Hell there will be a sign:

DEMOCRATIC ETERNAL CAUCUS
MAIN BALLROOM
Just turn left at the Union Leadership Office,
Across from the Global Warming Science
Research Center

And why, you ask, do I bring the unions into it yet again (I mean, other than the fact that Union Leadership and Democrat Party Leadership are a pair of leaches sucking from each other and thus hard to separate)? Well, here is a story about the Wisconsin labor revolt- and the true consequences of the bill passed by the republicans and signed by Governor Walker- that will say it better than I ever could.

Another one of the things bringing me down is the Casey Anthony verdict.  I have several Facebook friends who have joined Porch Lights for Caylee Marie Anthony.  The idea is to leave the porch light on overnight in honor of Caylee and other abused and murdered innocents.  I read through about a hundred of the postings ( the group has 2.2 million members as of my visit) , and while 95% of them are heartfelt, there are more than a few idiots who either think it's a dumb idea or just want attention. One jerk posted SHE DESERVED IT.  I did not post a comment- for one thing, it would be disingenuous since our porch light is always on.  For another, I know where Caylee is right now.  I feel sad for those on FB who feel the need to get their anti-social rocks off by proving their stupidity.  And I really think Casey- and whoever assisted her- received a great disservice from our justice system.  Instead of paying human justice- with the chance of repentance and forgiveness- she/they will more than likely be happy at the fate that they cheated, never bothering as they cash in on tabloid testimonies to think about the eternal judgement that awaits them.

And finally, a note on the curious fact that blogger, while it is pretty good at putting spam comments in the trash where they belong, they curiously let them go to e-mail.  Thus it was that I received this comment on my latest post over on Chris' Cap Collection:

Ladylike Post. This record helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot


If you can figure it out, let me know. If I like your answer, I'll award you the next Trophee du Beagle.

4 comments:

  1. I found this online. It sort of sums it all up.

    Dear Mommy...I see you smile down there below...are those tears of joy you show? I'm glad you're happy, although you lied...I'd love to be right by your side...but by your choice, I view from above...tell my Grandparents I send my love...it's beautiful here, is all I can say...your life will go on... without me in your way.
    Love Caylee, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CWM:
    I know exactly where you're coming from...on ALL counts.
    ANd you said it in a MUCH nicer way that I ever would have.

    You'd think the SIGN-MAKING companies WOULD be working some MAJOR O/T these days....with all the deserved folks out there itching to get their very OWN sign...lol.

    Talk about being inundated with moronic banality...(yikes)!

    Good post.

    Stay safe up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I barely kept it together as I read Laurie that poem... I hope someone tattoos that to her mom's damn face so she can read it every day for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that on facebook - and since ours is always on too - it would be a useless point here. Believe me I am as perplexed as the next person that she was acquitted and if I see juror #3 on the TV one more time I think I may be without a television. [Because I broke it by hurling large objects at it.] I realize none of us were in the courtroom but what grabs me the most is that Casey KNOWS and is happy lying about it to save herself. She is narcissism at it's finest.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete